I am making SUCH GREAT PROGRESS on my list! I seriously am pretty damn proud of myself that I made the list but also that I am actually sticking with it. I feel like most of it will get marked off. I do have my concerns about a couple items, but for the most part it's going well. It is making for a crazy busy calendar but I kinda thrive off of that stuff.
So, without further ado, here are the items that are scheduled or completed.
1. Reread Hamlet - Book is purchased, reading will start on my plane trip to NY.
2. Visit Yosemite - Booked for October!!!!
3. Skinny Dip - CHECK! Boobs are amazingly buoyant.
4. Take a guitar lesson - Start on June 24th for 6 sessions
5. Go wine tasting in Napa - Trip purchased and needs to be scheduled.
6. Go to NY with Bill - Happening in July and CAN'T WAIT for this one. Foo Fighters here we come!
7. Take a solo trip overnight - Might combine this with wine tasting since sleeping over somewhere seems like a good idea.
8. Keep a blog/journal for a year - WIP but doing it. Not as good as I wanted but I have a handwritten journal that is going better than the blog.
9. Take Leyton to Modoc - August during fair time.
10. Put $100 on blackjack hand - January in Vegas.
11. Bake Christmas Goodies - December and I decided I'm doing it for the firehouse down the street.
12. Have a Halloween costume party - October
13. Participate in a fun run - September! Just signed up for the Wipe Out Run!
14. Take Leyton to Disneyland - We leave in less than a month!
15. Swim Donner Lake open water event - August 15th, I sign up on June 1st.
16. Join a book club - Done. We have only met once but have another meeting in a couple weeks.
17. Pay it forward at least 5 times - Done and continue doing.
18. Go ice skating - December with Leyton
19. Organize a Christmas program at Elder Community - Contact started will happen in December.
20. Volunteer for Alzheimer's Assoc - Application submitted!
21. One no buy month - Trying again in September
22. Ride in a helicopter - July in New York! Paid for and booked!!!
23. Vegas for my 40th - January!
24. Take an Improv Class - Done!
25. Get a tattoo for my Dad - WIP, get most of it finished today!
Not too shabby for being less than 4 months in! Now, here are the items that are still up in the air.
1. Fire a handgun.
2. Take a hip hop dance class.
3. Write a letter to 5 people that have influenced me.
4. Cook a 5 course meal for friends.
5. Knit 10 items.
6. Organize Leyton's crafts.
7. Visit Humboldt.
8. Go dancing with girlfriends.
9. Go whitewater rafting.
10. Get SUP certified.
11. Write Bill a love letter.
12. Put my Grandpa's recipes in a cookbook.
13. Take Leyton to a live concert.
14. Sit by a campfire on the beach.
15. Read at stand up poetry event.
Now the good thing about what is left is most of them are pretty easy. I left a lot of generic to do items on the list that I knew I could finish quickly and didn't require money or scheduling....just doing them. There are a few I have concerns about though. One is the white water rafting. This has been a shitty rainy season and there's not much water right now. I need to do some research and find a good place to do this. The second is getting SUP certified. This is dependent on if the guys who run the SUP group do certification courses this year. That's it though! Only two items!!!
All I can say is I highly encourage people to do this. I love the whole bucket list idea but that seems so broad. I needed items and a time frame in which to do them. I think I will do something like this each year even if it's only 5 items and then I'll do another big one before I hit 50!